Delicious as a gift ! Hague hopjes are named after baron Henry Hop. The baron was addicted to coffee. One evening he left his cup of coffee, sugar and cream on the stove. The next morning it had become a caramel. Hops enjoyed these very tasty chunks.
When shortly afterwards he was not allowed to drink coffee anymore by his doctor, he asked to his downstairs neighbor, baker Theodorus van Haaren, to make for him those "chunks" of coffee. They were called 'chunks of Baron Hop' and got the name Hague Hopjes ("Haagse Hopjes") in 1880.
- Coffee candy in a carton€4.99
- Delft blue Bonbon dish with HopjesNow Only €7.95 Regular Price €8.95
- Delft Blue Toilet with coffee candyNow Only €10.95 Regular Price €12.95
- Hague Hops in Mug Girl with Pearl (vermeer)Now Only €8.95 Regular Price €9.95Out of stock
- Hague Hops in Mug Small StreetNow Only €8.95 Regular Price €9.95Out of stock
- Holland Coffee Candy in tinNow Only €4.25 Regular Price €4.95